Why do we insist on struggle? Living in struggle, perpetuating struggle, being ruled by struggle. Challenges come, nothing we can do about that. But when the chains of challenge or frustration bind us, why do we resist?
What should our reaction to struggle be?
- We have to look at it in truth. Did we bring this on or is it real?
- If it is self-imposed, then stop it. That is not struggle it's just drama. A ploy for attention or to get out of responsibility.
- If this struggle is real, then breathe. Analyze it, look for solutions, trust yourself and stay positive, let it exist around you but not constrain you, deal with it head on, but DON'T resist it. These things are a part of life and we get through them because we ARE stronger than the struggle.
If we allow our struggle to rule us, a few things happen:
- The more we resist, the stronger the bonds that hold us.
- If we live in it, wallow in it, then we let it live and have no chance of moving beyond it.
- It steals our joy.
- It overshadows the good things in our life. The reality is that there are ALWAYS more good things than challenges. We just have to bring them into our awareness when the struggle feels great.
- We lose precious time and we run the great risk of losing relationships, work, respect....
If as Sisyphus, we accept a life of pushing a boulder up the hill only to have it roll down and have to start over, then that is exactly what we will get. If however, we learn to eliminate the struggle we manufacture or to expand and relax into the real struggle, then we can get to the top of the hill and leave that boulder behind!! Stop pushing, start living!